Monday, January 26, 2009

loquiturtle Courtoon

14 responses to “Monday, January 26, 2009”

1. Jason Engelhart says:

Judging by the positioning of the plaintiff’s pupils, I’m guessing his attorney will be able to develop a pretty good theory of the case. Unless this turtle is about to kill the spiky-haired gentleman to the left of the frame, it would be just plain silly to invoke res ipsa loquiturtle.

That said, Mr. Mills, I thoroughly appreciated your pun, and I hope you do not take my proposed minor amendments as an insult to your talent as a wordsmith.

Warm regards,

Jason Engelhart

2. Absent some form of negligence, plaintiff will not typically be struck in the head by a turtle…

3. cherishlaw says:

I think it would have been better had it been a pet shop, or a turtle breeding facility, and no one was at the window. (Like the flour bag case…) The person at the window implies negligence on the part of the person…

4. mistercat says:

y u draw dis picshur ? :( ai thaut u lovd trtl !.

ai draw picshur ov me throwing hoomin out win dow on my web log nd see if u laff ! !1

I dunno, I think the turtle should be talking. After all, res ipsa loquiturtle means “the turtle thing speaks for itself,” right? But seriously, Dave: love your strips. I read them every day!

6. cincy kid says:

this made me laugh out loud. at work. i finally found a good reason for having taken torts. thanks!

7. Erin says:

I want this on a t-shirt.

8. kktlawyer says:

This is great! Made me laugh out loud (even throughout the day).

I just discovered “Courtoons.” Also cracked up at “Supra Man” and “Supremacy Claus.” As a former law review person, I also love the “citation” gyrations!

I’ll be checking these every day. Thanks again!

9. KLM says:

This is the best one so far! By far! So funny.

10. AuH2O says:

“Absent some form of negligence, plaintiff will not typically be struck in the head by a turtle…”

That’s what Aeschylus thought, too.

11. Stacy says:

…so that turtle would actually be a TORTLE, right?

Sorry. I had to.

12. Chris says:

@Tracey:
      It was actually be “The thing turtle-speaks for itself”

Dave, this one is great! thnx