Tuesday, April 21, 2009

math-school Courtoon

19 responses to “Tuesday, April 21, 2009”

1. Anon says:

Insert Barbri comments from the late Professor Whitebread re Russian Roulette.

2. iishitaa says:

nice cartoons

3. Jeff Walden says:

What a surprise, a smart (well, judging by the quality of courtoons!) attorney making disparaging remarks about stupid ones. “Jokes” like this perpetuate the assumption that, despite the intelligence of most lawyers, lawyers in general can be explained as hackneyed washouts of other disciplines. Sadly, stupid-lawyer stereotypes are one of the few acceptable forms of non-character-based derision, so I realize I’m wasting my breath.

[To be clear, my interest in law is solely that of a hobbyist, and I have no particular horse in the argument or to the one which I parodied. The people I parodied should lighten up and recognize that recognition of the minor foibles of a class of people do not constitute antagonism toward that class. Keep up the courtoons; Supremacy Claus, dictaphone, 1983 suit, and Supraman! have been my favorites so far.]

4. Dave says:

I love this one! I have a math degree and a physics degree (and a J.D.). If you can’t laugh at yourself, then who can you laugh at???

5. PJ says:

Except for the Patent Law types. I’m not exactly sure where they come from…actually…no. Same.

6. Jack says:

Wait a second – did Charles Whitebread die??

7. Jack says:

Thank god for racist, sexist Wikipedia. I see it now. That sucks. I had him in BarBri classes in 2 states and he rocked!!!!!

8. Luvit says:

This toon is hilarious!!!

9. Lawranger says:

Gret toon. Also, it’s true in my case – I’d rather be a doctor.

10. BIGINSURANCELAW says:

R.I.P. C. Whitebread.

Plain VIEW, Plain VIEW.

11. BIGINSURANCELAW says:

Oh, and this cartoon is RACIST.

12. KAB says:

Also, Communications majors who realized that their skills are useless in the real world. : )

13. Bycer says:

Patent Attorneys? Same place.
      I’ve got a Physics degree.

14. Ryan says:

I think to make the courtoon truly accurate, you should widen the panel and have a bunch of recent college of liberal arts graduates racing there as well.

15. Anonymous says:

Yeah I don’t know – I know a lot of people who did quite well as scientists/engineers/etc. and realized they could make a lot more money doing patent work than actually producing something.

16. nate d-o-double says:

David,

Have you thought about an iPhone app with your daily courtoons? I’d even pay 99 cents for it…who’s with me?

17. David Mills says:

That sounds like a great idea, but I don’t have an iPhone, and I don’t know how to create an app. Is there an app for that? My bro is the computer guru in the family; I come in when someone badly needs a stick figure.

18. daylilly says:

I thought lawyers came from polisci majors who had no idea WTF they wanted to do. Engineering students tend to be more self-selected if they end up at last school.